- Apply for SNAP - Eligible households can receive food assistance through regular SNAP or through the Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP).
- Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) Guidance for questions or services:
- Call OCDD 225-342-0095 Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30 to talk with someone directly, or leave a message outside business hours.
- TIKES - Tulane’s Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation Program (TIKES) program is offering a free Tele Mental Health Consult for individuals caring for young children in Louisiana.
- Childcare Providers - Beginning March 23, families can access subsidized care for children age 12 and under through the Louisiana Department of Education’s Child Care Assistance Program, CCAP. The program assures affordable access to childcare at licensed childcare centers participating in the program.The program is available to families with caregivers who are considered essential personnel in the COVID-19 response effort.
- HUD Resources - Louisiana resources for housing including utility assistance, independent living centers and Section 8 housing.
- Louisiana Workforce Commission - Resources on agencies and centers helping with re-employment in Louisiana.
- Submit an Unemployment Claim - CARES Act provisions now available. If you have already filed an unemployment claim due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), you do NOT need to call the LWC.
- Assistance by Region - Louisiana Economic Development resources split by state region (see interactive map.)
- Guidance from Office of Aging & Adult Services for questions on services:
- Iris Domestic Violence Center
- Local (225) 389-3001
- State Hotline 1-888-411-1333
- National Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- State-wide COVID site - Hub for links on the virus including testing locations, guides and resources for communities.
- United Way - Specific United Way centers across the state are requesting volunteers, resources and donations.
- Louisiana Volunteers in Action (LAVA) - LAVA is administered by the Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health. LAVA works to recruit, credential, train, manage and deploy volunteers (medical and non-medical) to assist during emergencies and day to day activities by providing additional staff to meet health/medical surge needs.